Saturday, April 26, 2008

Late campaign update

I promised myself that I was going to chronicle this campaign on this blog. But here we are on short final and this is the first real post. I am not an avid blogger and I should be. I totally respect Chris Knight and Katy Benningfield who seem to be able to blog at will and do it very well. Well, "anywhoo" back to my original reason for the post. The campaign is doing well despite the N&O's best attempt to destroy me. I have received the support of many GOP "power hitters". I have had lots of fun even though I am getting tired. I look forward to the slight rest period after the Primary and before the General season kicks off. People in the State have given me rave reviews and many standing ovations during my speeches. Kelly and I experienced a flat tire on the car last week but considering all the miles we have driven just one hiccup 'ain't' bad. We are still doing the grass roots thing and still raising funds for the public finance portion of the campaign. My two opponents have either quit campaigning or they are using different strategies because I have not seen them and neither has anyone else. Oh, well, that is them and this is my campaign. I am going to list my personal endorsements for the judicial races but will remain neutral in the Governor and Lt. Governor races.
Court of Appeals Judge Wynn Seat I am endorsing Dean R. Poirier I know that Jewell Ann Farlow is also a Republican and running but I have had the opportunity to campaign with Dean and feel his experience and his dedication are an asset and he will make a fine Judge. For the Court of Appeals Judge Tyson Seat well that's a no-brain er... John Tyson is a fine Judge and needs to keep his seat. I know that my little endorsements may not mean a lot but this is exactly how I am voting and I am urging you to vote that way as well. That's all for now and hopefully I will start blogging more soon.....

No comments: